Day 1: Arrival at Cochin - Proceed to Munnar
Arrive at the gate way of Kerala, Cochin, where our representative shall be present to receive you. Proceed to Munnar - the hill station of Kerala. Set at an altitude of 6000 ft in Idukki district, Munnar was the favored summer resort of the erstwhile British rulers in the colonial days. Unending expanse of tea plantations - pristine valleys and mountains- exotic species of flora and fauna in its wild sanctuaries and forests - aroma of spice scented cool air - yes! Munnar has all these and more. It's the place you would love to visit.
While going to Munnar , we shall take a detour to visit Athirapilly waterfalls also known as ‘Niagara of Kerala' - the water here gushes down from a height of 80 feet. Vazhachal waterfalls are located further up from Athirapilly and have a nice gradient flow which gives it a white misty appearance during the rains. You can experience the entire gradient through a nice walkway created by the forest department. Spend quality time at both these waterfalls.
Now sit back and enjoy the scenic drive through the meandering roads lush with vegetation on both sides. On the way visit Valara & Cheeyapara waterfalls. Upon arrival at Munnar check into your hotel / resort and unwind. Evening at your leisure. Overnight stay in Munnar.
Depending on your arrival timings.
Day 2: Munnar Sightseeing
Today we proceed to explore Munnar! The sightseeing takes you to Matupetty Dam, a beautiful spot for viewing the picturesque Munnar, Kundala Lake - a natural lake with recreational facilities like boating and having excellent view of Western Ghats as well as the forest surrounded with. You shall also visit Eco point and pass through the tea plantations.
After noon you can visit Eravikulam National park (optional); where the endangering Nilgiri Tahr is conserved or you may prefer to stay back at your hotel / resort and savour the ambience of Munnar. Overnight stay in Munnar.
Meals : CP
Day 3: Proceed to Thekkady
After breakfast proceeds to Thekkady also known as the spice bag of the state. Enjoy a beautiful journey through the hills and valleys of Wastern Ghat to reach this jungle destination. Check in your hotel and freshen up. Depending upon time and your convenience / preferences you may opt for the following activities:
Have an amazing boat ride in Periyar Lake (timing b/w 7.30 AM - 3.30PM - advance booking advisable) which flows through the Periyar tiger reserve where you will have a chance to watch the wild animals like elephant, Bison, Sambar, Deer etc roaming the lake shore.
You may go for a spice plantation visit (Kerala is the spice capital of the world) where cardamom, pepper, vanilla, clove, cinnamon , nutmeg, ayurvedic herbs etc are grown
In the evening you could opt to see the famous Kathakali and Kalaripayatu show which showcases the culture and martial art form of Kerala or go for a traditional Kerala Ayurvedic massage.
Later return to your hotel / resort. Overnight stay in Thekkady.
Note: The activities mentioned above are optional and extra payable. Nature lovers can also opt for an early morning Jeep safari through the intense forests of Thekkady on the following day. This is an optional activity. Please ensure that you return in time for checkout and departure at least by 8.30 AM in case your itinerary involves houseboat as destination.
Meals : CP
Day 4: Proceed to Houseboat (Alleppey)
Alappuzha is famous for its vast back waters and vast stretches of paddy fields. You would check in the house boat by noon to explore the back waters and its serene beauty. Enjoy the ride; delicious cuisines and an overnight stay on board. All meals will be served on board. (Lunch, Dinner, Evening Tea with snacks, Breakfast)
Meals : MAP
Day 5: Departure
After breakfast check out of the houseboat and proceed towards Cochin.
Depending upon your flight / train timing you can go for Sightseeing at Historical Fort Cochin which has a rich heritage and strong historical relationship with English, Portuguese, Dutch, Arabs, and Chinese etc. Visit the Dutch Palace, Asia’s best preserved Synagogue, Marin Drive, Chinese fishing nets, Sea mouth, Beach walk way etc. Depending upon availability of time you may also visit the traditional spice market of Cochin.
Alternatively, time at your disposal could be well spent @ LuLu Mall one of the largest shopping mall in India. Spanning 17 acres and with a total retail floor area of 1.7 million square feet and containing more than 215 outlets including food courts, restaurants, family entertainment zones, a multiplex, ice skating rink and bowling alley.
Later, You shall be dropped at the airport / station.
# Above sightseeing Dependant on your flight / train timing from Cochin.
Meals : CP
- Accommodation with breakfast at hotel / Resorts at all destinations as mentioned in the itinerary.
- 1 Night accommodation with complete food (which includes welcome drink, snacks, tea, lunch, dinner, breakfast) in traditional Kerala House Boat. (Wherever HB is included in itinerary).
- A/c vehicle with dedicated Chauffeur (English & Hindi speaking) for the whole trip.
- Pick up & drop to from Airport / Railway Station from and to the arrival and departure destination as mentioned in itinerary.
- All sightseeing, land transfer & inter hotel transfer.
- All Toll, Tax, and applicable all govt. Taxes.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges.
- Child below 5 yrs will be complimentary
- Entry Tickets / Boating charges/ tickets for optional activities mentioned in the itinerary. We can however arrange tickets if told in advance.
- Early check-in and late check-out charges.
- Meals other than those mentioned in inclusions.
- Train fare, Airfare and Visa application.
- Breakfast on the day of arrival.
- Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic/non- alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, airport departure tax, any insurance etc.
- Compulsory Gala Dinner on X'mas & New year Eve if applicable.
- All Extras.